Thursday, January 27, 2011

S&U - Dedication

Karen called me last week while I was out and said, "It's here!" When I got home I was greeted by a hugging boy and girl. Ethan and Eva hung on me as I searched the house for Karen. I found her and Maddy in our bedroom sitting on the bed. Karen was reading my newly arrived book.

When she handed it to me I was surprised by how excited I was to hold it. I kept saying, "Its just like a real book!" Karen laughed, "What did you expect? It is a real book!" Maddy laughed also saying, "Dad, you did write a book, why are you so surprised?" Ethan and Eva were more interested in jumping off the bed into my arms. I was only half catching them... I was holding my book.

This is a little embarrassing but over the next two days, I re-read my book... the book that I spent five years writing, the book I had only a month earlier read in its entirety for the audio version.

Its just that it is a real book, a real one! It has chapters, and at the top of each page it tells you what the name of the book is and what chapter you are in. How cool is that? If you happen to forget the name of the book, you don't have to flip back to the cover, it's right there at the top of the page. Not only is that incredibly convenient, its also just like a real book!

It also has endorsements in the front, and product placement in the back, and acknowledgments, and a dedication, and notes - yeah those pages that tell you what scripture I referenced, it even tells you the translation.

It was absolutely amazing to see Gods faithfulness in print. I hadn't even dreamed of being a writer six years ago, but God dreamed it. He then took me on a journey. One in which I learned how to dream His dream, live in the expectation until it became a realization.

So it is good! That said, there was one disappointment...when I got to the dedication and acknowledgments, I realized that my last edit somehow didn't make it into the book. I want to post those omissions here.

There was one name missing from the acknowledgments - that I am aware of. While in edits I read Danny Silks book "Culture of Honor". This book played a role in helping me see myself from Gods perspective. That most certainly influenced my writing. He was to be added to the paragraph were I thank spiritual fathers. Thank you Danny!

The hardest thing I discovered missing, from the dedication, was my prophetic proclamation over my kids. As I have said many times, I write for one reason, to leave a legacy of love for my kids. God spoke that over my heart soon after asking me to write and its what kept me writing for five years. While there is a beautiful dedication to Karen and my kids in the book, there was meant to be more.

For now, it will go in my blog...until the next book is finished.

Dedication

This book is dedicated to my wife Karen and my kids, Madeleine True, Ethan Wilde and Eva Blaze – my favorites.

Karen, I can’t imagine this journey without you. You amaze me. Your love has revealed Gods love, it’s transformed me. I still can’t believe I get to do this life with you. As a bright fella once said, “I’m at your feet.”

Maddy, my “sunshine,” you have one of the brightest promises I’ve ever seen. When people meet you they cant help but shine. You are a worshiper; you revel in His love and reveal His goodness. God loves your presence!

Ethan, my “wild man,” you are gentle and fierce; your promise is powerful and will set people free. The world will never be the same because of you. God not only loves you, He likes hanging out with you - a lot!

Eva, my “bright eyes,” your promise is glorious! You’re revelation of Gods presence is wondrous, beautiful. New words will be created for Gods majesty because of your God encounters. God thinks you're stunning and loves you intensely!

I’m so loving living surrendered and untamed with you guys!

2 comments:

New Creation Blocks said...

That's so awesome! You'll be able to add it to your next book too! Can't wait to get a real copy! WOOHOO!!!!!

Lloyd Clark said...

wow aren't we all such amazing miracles....soooo sweet and soooo true...God's creation... unique and full of wonder